Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Since I have managed to take in so much natural and inspiring beauty, I have been trying to write a post regarding my spiritual growth out at sea. Unfortunately, it has proved to be quite a roller coaster, and nights I sit down to write, tend to be times that I just want to end the day and go to bed.


Between long days, mountains of sea projects, general moodiness, etc – there is always SOMETHING to do besides get into the Word or read one of the books I brought. After working all day and then putting a few hours into my projects, it can be difficult to buckle down and study properly, not just reading the Word or material but trying to learn from it – put it into perspective. I’m sure everyone has their own sure fire way or place in there schedule that works for them and I’m glad! I have tried many tactics over the years and some have worked for awhile, but eventually something comes up, or I’m too tired or busy.

Eventually, I reach a point where I am spiritually starved and I desperately try to “whip myself into shape!” This of course only lasts so long since I am relying on my own strength. Eventually, I get back to the basics.



I read.



I listen.



I observe this beautiful earth He has created.



In the end, it always comes back to the basics.


Thank you God.

3 comments:

  1. I know what seems to work wonders for me is to make a
    gratitude list that when it is written and read always shows
    the gifts He has given me. And those always start out with
    my wonderful children. I Love you my youngest son.

    ReplyDelete