Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Here are a few pictures from my travels so far! I'm going to take advantage of the fast Internet here at McMurdo!


The Main Engine. Roughly 15, 300 HP when we are running at our design speed of 95 RPM. It's a 5 cylinder, 2 stroke slow speed diesel, so it doesn't get much more reliable than this.



One of the many Walkways in Brisbane, Australia. What a beautiful city!



The Brisbane skyline with the Victoria Bridge.

That is a lot of ice.



Castle Rock





One of the views. From the summit of Castle rock towards Mt. Erebus.






"Take my picture! Take my picture!"

I have a million more, but I wanted to post a sample. I hope everyone is doing well!

I should have Internet regularly again in about a week and I'll work on getting a post written summarizing my time here.

2 comments: